I must say that it has been awhile since I have posted anything to Sojourn - and so I must apologize to my friends and readers, for sometimes life just gets in the way. However, I have my friend Kalie and her blog to thank for getting me back on track! She wrote a piece on the topic of "waiting on God" and it just caught me off guard. If we will listen, God speaks to us in the most wonder-filled and surprising places.
I have been on a journey this fall; one of which I haven't even been truly cognizant. I have been working hard on my thesis, teaching my classes, leading seminars, attending elementary school and high school functions; I have been judging marching band competitions and trying to squeeze in family time. I have been to England - across the sea - and Austin - across the state. I have tried to love people that have been hurt and I have hurt people that I desperately love. I have learned to hold tightly on to Jesus so that his love might grow me and to let go of those things that I love that they might grow...
It has been a long fall and a short one. Nevertheless, I am trusting that God will lead me and lead you - my friends, family and readers - into deeper relationships with Him.
I have been on a journey, seeking where and how God desires me to serve and grow. I am still on that journey, so I appreciate your prayers and guidance.
A few "thank you"s need to happen as I begin this journey in earnest though:
• My dad and mom for encouraging me in very different ways
• My friend Carol for helping me to see myself when I could not and for always pushing me towards grace, even when she didn't realize it.
• My colleagues at HPU for always encouraging me and praying for me
• My students at HPU for always making me think a little bit harder
• For Chris and Fran for reminding me of God's call...
• For Catherine and Hannah, the beacons of joy in my life
• For Melissa, the one who always reminds me of unconditional love
• For Christ my Lord - the one that I long for and the one that I seek, so that I may behold His beauty all the days of my life.
• For you who follow this blog, for joining me on the journey.
Grace and Peace to You...