Friday, August 14, 2009

Keeping Your Head Above Water!

Have you ever gone swimming when you were tired? I am sure most of you have. But then while you were swimming, did you get even more tired and find yourself at a place where you were in over your head and treading water? Well I'm there. How do we allow ourselves to get to into these places in our lives? Is it a lack of wisdom? Is it a personality quirk? It is probably a bit of both. Anyway, I'm there. I've got enough irons in the fire for about 4 careers with no end in sight. So now I'm simply looking for the shore so I can rest. I know that I will be able to divest myself of some of these stresses in the near future. Now, for those of you who know me, I'm on a quest not to pick up anymore. I don't want anymore. I certainly don't need anymore!

For me - and here's my self-diagnosis! - I get into these jams when I start doing things without carefully praying through them and seeking God's wisdom. These "opportunities" look good, so I commit without thinking and praying them through completely. Again, there is nothing "bad" here, other than I am worn out, short with my family and unhappy with myself for taking on so much.

Things brings us back to an important note: life is a journey with God. He allows us to make decisions and commit to things even when He knows that we will become overwhelmed. Why? Because I believe he knows that we will end back up in His arms. Because life has always been about the journey and less about the destination.

Must go for now. Need to finish a couple of obligations.

Pax Christi.

1 comment:

  1. Hay Jay, Keep your head above the water and keep swimming!
    Peace
    Jo

    ReplyDelete